MT. ME1.gif (12279 bytes)

  Mount Meru Hospital Rehabilitation Committee

Regional Commissioner's Office
P.O.Box 3050
Arusha,
Tanzania

HISTORY
Mount Meru Hospital was built in 1926 as a military hospital for treatment of causalities in the first world war during Germany colonial in Tanganyika.

Since then it has remained as a regional  hospital, and since no any major renovation has been done since it was built, all the buildings there are in bad condition.

The hospital now serves more than 1.6 million residents of Arusha and other visitors who come to Arusha for various reasons including meeting, business, Tourists e.t.c

 

REHABILITATION PLANS
Arusha regional commissioner Mr. Daniel Ole Njoolay formed a rehabilitation committee and on 29th November 1996 HE Prime Minister Mr. Fredrick T. Sumaye inaugurated this rehabilitation committee.

The first phrase which involved Arusha resident, companies and other organizations who contributed funds and material was completed on 28th February 1998 costing about US $ 130,500/=

The second phase which will cost not less than US $ 111,000/= started on 30th march 1998. That is why we request all Arusha residents from anywhere to contribute in order to reach this goal. Also all other well wishes are welcome.

Please send your contributions to


NBC 1997 (ltd.)

Uhuru Road Branch
P.O. Box 3004
Arusha,
Tanzania

  Mount Meru Hospital Rehabilitation Committee
A/C No. 659000520

E -Mail MMHRC

Hit Counter

Jep Information Center has donated this space on the Internet.

baton.gif (5167 bytes)

Jep Computer Works, 1995-99    Last updated June 20, 2006